Esta publicación también está disponible en: Español
- It’s celebrated during the civic festivities in February.
- It ends at Camila Reyes plaza, in barrio Los Angeles.
- In 2013, the tope was declared intangible heritage by the Ministry of Culture.
- In 2017 the Costa Rica Tourism Board declared the tope to be a tourist attraction.
- There is music with party girls, marimbas, and mascaradas (where people dress up in big-head masks).
- It is said that this tradition has been celebrated since the first half of the 19th Century.
Passing of the Child
- It has been celebrated since the beginning of the 20th Century.
- In the beginning it only went through barrio La Condega.
- The passing is done on December 24th at 6 p.m.
- The community prepares food for residents who participate in the passing.
- The child leaves the barrio La Condega hermitage, passes through Calle Real, and arrives at the La Agonía church.