1 large hen
2.2 lbs of corn kernel
1 bunch of cilantro
1 chile pepper
1 celery stalk
1 head of garlic
- Wash the corn well to remove the shell “because it’s embarrassing when people get it stuck in their teeth,” says Miss Fidelina.
- Cook the hen with the vegetables until it is soft and set it aside with the stock.
- In a pot, add the chicken broth, achiote and the corn kernels and cook it on medium heat for an hour. Add water constantly so it doesn’t dry out.
- Five minutes before turning the heat off, add the spiced hen that you previously cooked, the chopped vegetables and the complete seasoning.
- When the corn rice is soft and creamy it can be served with a hard boiled egg and cubed plantain.