Culture, Sports

Running in the Heart of Clean Energy in Guanacaste

Esta publicación también está disponible en: Español

The reasons for running in the Miravalles Clean Energy Race are very clear: improve health, enjoying a nice setting and help young people in the community.

That is the goal of this third annual race, which will be held on Saturday, March 19 at 3:30 p.m., in the community of Guayabo de Bagaces, right in the heart of clean energy production in Guanacaste.

The competition has 5K, 10K and 15K categories, attracting about 300 people in previous years. For 2016, more than 500 people who love to run are expected to participate.

Gina Vargas, the group organizer, commented that in 2016, 70% of the proceeds will go to the Guayabo Cen-CINAI and the remaining 30% will go toward scholarships for local students so they can travel to the state of Oregon in the United States and learn the English language there with the program Friends of Oregon, just like it has been done in the two previous years also.

Vargas added that in the past, they have allocated funds to the Guayabo senior citizen day care center and on this occasion, they will help the Cen-CINAI, which helps community children, so they can make urgent repairs to the building.

Registration costs ¢12,000 (about $23) and includes the sports packet, insurance policy, lunch prior to the race for those arriving early to Guayabo and refreshments at the end. The 10K and 15K categories will have $100 cash prizes for men and women, and everyone who register can participate in raffles for airline tickets, weekends at beach hotels, dinners and appliances.

All of the race categories will start in front of the Catholic church, and sports packets will be handed out in front of the Public Force police station building.

Registration

In Liberia: Liberia Sports Center, Mercadito Terra Verde, Ciclo JPS

In Guayabo: Santa Eduviges Bookstore

Web: Contacting the organizers and making a bank deposit to the BCR account #001-0282529-5, including your phone number in the deposit detail to locate you and complete the registration.

For more info, you can visit the race website at www.carreraenergiaslimpiasmiravalles.com or call 8826-6550.

 

 

Don’t miss the latest news from Guanacaste.

Join Our Mailing List

Comments